Front End Web Developer
I’m a 25 year old, born and raised in Tupelo, Mississippi. After graduating from Tupelo High School in 2010, I continued on to Mississippi State University. During my freshman year, I pledged Sigma Chi Fraternity and I served as the Technology Chairman all 4 years. During the Spring semester of my sophomore year I studied abroad on a program through the University of Virginia called Semester at Sea where I circumnavigated the globe in 105 days and visited 14 different countries. I graduated college in May of 2014 with a Bachelor’s of Business Administration degree in Business Information Systems.
- Worked closely with designers and technical leads to turn mockups into functional and responsive WordPress sites.
- Used the Ionic Framework to build cross platform mobile apps that were published to the Apple and Google App Stores.
- Attended client meetings to provide input and offer technical assistance during brainstorming sessions.
- Introduced the agency to AngularJS, SCSS/SASS, Git, and local WordPress theme development.
- Used WordPress in nonconventional ways, such as building an eLearning platform and a company intranet complete with a member directory, document storage, calendars, and newsletters.
- Built a customer survey system with daily reporting using Node, Angular, and Firebase. Also incorporated lead generation with MailChimp.
Semester at Sea
- Facilitated the Computer Lab on the ship.
- Onboarded fellow students and facility by setting up their ship email, internet, and printer settings.
- Assisted less tech savvy individuals with their computer questions.
Sigma Chi Fraternity
- Created an innovative web app for our members to easily add guest to the party list. I ended up selling this web app to other fraternities as well.
- Maintained our chapter’s website.
- Attended weekly counsel meetings.
Semester at Sea
Completed 12 hours college credit and participated in an on-ship work study, all while exploring: The Bahamas, Dominica, Brazil, Ghana, South Africa, Mauritius, India, Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia, Hong Kong, China, Japan, Hawaii and ending the 105 day voyage back in the continental United States.